Friday, September 19, 2008

On a Sanctfied Vision

While rummaging through academic encounters from the past and now again present, I still wonder how such informed thinkers in theological academia could be so clueless about the truths of God. Then I ran into the words from Augustine through a strange book clearly stated what I was trying to understand: "The mind should be cleansed so it is able to see divine light and cling to it once it is seen." The author O'Keefe who recounts this then says: "The eye of the reader can only follow Scriptures if vision is sanctified." But I say 'the eye of the reader sees the truth of Scripture uncovered only in as much as vision is sanctified.'

2 comments:

iseetheking said...

Hi Jerome - I asked MEW for your blog so I can stay updated on your world and your thoughts.
As for those in theological academia missing God's truth...yes, well, if God is approached only as "principles" to dissect and discern, we will miss His "echoes of mercy and whispers of love" (funny how some of the hymn writers SAW more clearly). Praying you'll continue to have "your eyes cleansed by adoration" (Evelyn Underhill). Be blessed my friend

Hieronymus Intellectus Minoris said...

Indeed, washed in the flood of His unmerited loving saving presence.