Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Servant's Entrance


There weren't many people out on the farmlands in the pouring rain but I did meet a farmer who figured out my strange Dutch enough to reply in some kind of east Flanders' dialect and sent me on a 3 Km. walk. After having some doubts circumambulating (cool word uhh), the Abby wall with occasional old WWII machine gun turrets, I found an entrance designated "servant's entrance." So I tucked my hair up under my hat and went in to ask why, only to meet Moses on they way. He spoke only a few words which will turn out to be about most that I was about to hear in private for the next 48 hours. Moses pointed down a path between, you almost guest it, a wall of bricks (not water). So, the short epoch beyond my box of universe had begun with me having a strange urgent desire to go back to Egypt. It was to late, I had gone to far and found my self being led up to my room without a word being said and then oi vay...a sign from God.

No comments: